Holy Communion Distribution to Small Groups – Pastors Terri and Michael will begin distributing Communion by appointment to small groups at church on Wednesday, June 3. We will only offer reserved host (the Body of Christ in the form of wafers that were consecrated at the preceding Sunday’s service). At this time, the wine will not be distributed. We anticipate continuing to offer these small group opportunities even after in-person worship begins again for those unable to attend those services. To find out how to schedule an appointment and for information about procedures… READ MORE
Saturday Night Service is Back – OSLC is pleased to announce the return of the Saturday Night Contemporary Service, online for now, starting tomorrow, May 23, 2020. The service will be produced and shown as a Facebook premiere video at 5:30 pm every Saturday night. Thank you to the people who have stepped up to read the lessons and lead the prayers. Brian Stevenson is taking charge of the service details. Highlights include Voices of Praise singing, prayers, lessons read by our friends from their homes, and a message from one of the Pastors. We are so happy to bring the service back online and hope you can all join us. Please contact Brian Stevenson at email@example.com or Brad Stewart at Brad.Stewart20181@gmail.com if you would like to participate by reading lessons or leading prayers. We record you from your home during the week and can help you through the process. We would love to see your face in the service.
Virtual Potluck – At 6:30 pm, after this Saturday’s online service, we will have a ZOOM Virtual Potluck. The potluck presents an opportunity for all to join for some catching up. It’s strictly social and easy to join. Look for the ZOOM meeting link on the church website each week.
Small Group Meetings at OSLC – Expecting Phase 1 to be in effect across Virginia, beginning June 1, small groups can once again meet at the church. We know some groups would like to meet in-person and understand your need for social interaction. Meetings will start in the outdoor areas of the church at first. We are balancing the benefits against the risks based on the Government and CDC guidance. Please limit meetings to groups of 10 or fewer people and we respectfully ask you to follow the following rules for everyone’s safety:
• Rooms are by reservation only to ensure we can schedule proper cleaning. Rooms, seats and benches will be sanitized after each use. Please contact the office to get on the schedule.
• We request that masks be worn and everyone practices social distancing to protect others.
• Participants may bring their own chair or use a metal chair provided. This will facilitate cleaning between each meeting. Meetings outside the front doors may utilize the benches at one person per bench. There are four benches.
• Bring a water bottle; No food or drink other than your water please.
• If you or anyone living with you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not attend.
• People in high risks groups are encouraged to thoughtfully consider their participation. Participants are aware this presents an increase in COVID-19 risk and assume all responsibility.
In-Person Services in June – We expect to enter Phase 2 in June and are actively planning outdoor services on our path forward to returning to the sanctuary. While we haven’t settled on drive-in, outdoor worship area or parking lot, we look forward to having our first physically present service. Our community has again responded to the needs. After reading last week’s email, Joe and Sandy Benfit found, purchased and donated an FM transmitter to the church. This item is in hot demand and we weren’t sure we could get one. Who would have thought an FM transmitter would become required church equipment. Thanks again to Joe and Sandy! This opens up another option for outdoor services. More details to follow as we firm up plans but plan on being together soon. Online streaming will continue to be provided.