Weekly Worship for Saturday, May 30 & Sunday, May 31
To be taken to our Worship & Sermons page,
Come to 10:00 am Worship on Sunday, June 14!
Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, or the seats of your cars to worship TOGETHER live! We will broadcast the service through speakers onto the property, through our new FM radio transmitter, and on Facebook live. Can’t wait to see you all!
Receive the Body of Christ
Starting June 2, the pastors will begin offering brief distribution of Communion services to small groups by appointment on Tuesdays from 10am-noon and Wednesdays from 5pm-7pm. Make an appointment using SignUpGenius by clicking on the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4cadae2ba2f58-communion.
Those who cannot access the online format may call the office for Yvette to type them in.
Virtual Fellowship Opportunities:
- Order your Takeout and eat Saturday Dinner on Zoom—May 30, 6:30 pm!
Saturday worship ends around 6, but we won’t start dinner until 6:30 to give people time to get their food and log in. Tamar Yager will lead grace at 6:30pm, we’ll eat at our various tables, and hear a closing devotion at 7:15 so some can take off while others linger. If you wish, come prepared to tell us one or two positive things that have come out of the pandemic for you. Or just drop by to say hi!
- Virtual Coffee Hour on Sundays
Feeling isolated? Going stir-crazy? Eager to catch up with friends? Join other OSLC folks after our 10:00 am Sunday virtual worship service – probably about 11:15 am. … or simply call in from any phone. Call +1 301 715 8592 and enter the Meeting ID: 732 534 989
- Thursday Evening Bible Study with Pastor Michael
Join us Thursday evenings at 5:00 pm for a Bible Study via Zoom led by Pastor Michael. To enter, sit at your computer or smartphone with the microphone and camera on, and
If you can’t connect by computer, it is also possible to dial in by phone (audio only). Call +1 (646) 876-9923 (USA) and enter Meeting ID: 895 0940 7035
First-ever Virginia Synod Virtual Youth Assembly and Baccalaureate!
Let Pastor Terri know if you want more information when we get it. Youth in 7th-12th grades, especially recent graduates, are welcome to register for this free event.
- Do you have (or want to learn) gifts of technology? The Bible tells us we have all been given important gifts that make us the whole Body of Christ, the church, and using technology has never been more important! A few months ago, the people involved in providing our online services did not know how to do what we do now (including recording the live services, running an enhanced soundboard, editing video and audio files, updating our website, and more). You, too, could learn to do each of those various tasks, and more! If you are interested in helping, let us know. Some areas where we especially could use help are running video cameras, mixing video live, and social media. Let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll direct you to someone who needs you.
- Mask makers still in need. If you have not yet seen the video of Debbie Stewart and Amelia Stansell in dinosaur costumes passing out free masks, you need to check it out here on Facebook! That public witness has brought the need for more people to sew for agencies such as Social Services, local businesses, and of course, our neighbors. Let Pastor Terri or Amelia Stansell know if you can help. And thank you!
This Week’s Calendar
Please note that meetings/events are NOT taking place in person yet, other than where indicated “By Appointment” or otherwise noted, but are taking place electronically (Facebook, Zoom, etc.).
OSLC and COVID-19
(click on “MOVING forward” above to be taken to page or read just the latest news by following this link: https://oslc-warrenton.org/covid-19/#highlights-for-june)
The OSLC office is open most of the week, but official open times for the public are Tuesday through Friday, 9:30 am-2:30 pm. Come by for the Food Closet, offering drop off, or stop in to pray. Please wear a cloth mask over your mouth and nose. Don’t have one? We’ll give you one to keep! (FYI, because FCCC is providing child care in our Fellowship Hall, the only available restroom is in the nursery.)
Grateful for Your Donations!
We are extremely grateful for the continued offerings!
OSLC depends on weekly donations to keep the church operational. With your help, OSLC continues to be the church even while we can’t meet in person. Your willingness to invest your time, talents, and financial resources matters!
Did you miss news updates from previous weeks?
No worries! You can read up on what’s been happening at Our Saviour Lutheran Church by going to our our Latest News blog posts here.