As the COVID-19 pandemic grows in our region, OSLC is responding in faith with caution, but without panic. Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for worship and spiritual community.
Please keep an eye on the church Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/oslcwarrenton/) for the most current information.
Worship from Home
- This weekend’s sermon is available for online viewing via Facebook Live. A Facebook account is not required to watch. Follow this link to find our page: https://www.facebook.com/oslcwarrenton/ Live
- Videos remain until we take them down, so you can watch them anytime after we start posting.
- Both pastors are available, as are the prayers of other members.
- They are available to make home and hospital visits if needed and permitted. If you prefer to consult with them by phone or video chat, do not hesitate to do so.
- Pray always. Pray all ways!
- In addition to regular cleaning of the church building, our sexton has washed hard surfaces with germicide, and we will wipe primary surfaces regularly.
- Everybody should clean their hands frequently and thoroughly. (Use soap and water, and say the Lord’s Prayer at least once while washing).
- Practice “social distancing” by keeping 6 feet or more of space from others, and avoid large gatherings.
- Those who are ill, particularly with a cough or fever, should seek medical attention and/or stay home.
Continuity of Ministry Planning
- The Congregation Council has begun forming a Continuity of Ministry Planning Team, which will formulate a broader response to this and other potential crises.
- It has been tasked with establishing the “trigger points” for further action regarding COVID-19.
- Links for more information:
- Fauquier County Health Department: https://www.fauquiercounty.gov/government/departments-h-z/health-department