Due to the changes in CDC guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html) and a vastly improved local healthcare situation, we recommend the following updates in worship and building use:
- We are adding back some congregational singing, but appropriate to the season of Lent.
- We will add back in offering the blood of Christ in the form of wine.
- The offering plates or baskets will be passed as usual.
- Throughout the building, wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk.
- The only “masks required” section in worship will be in the back organ-side pews
- Because our Sunday School follows the Fauquier County Public Schools mask policies, children may be masked, according to parental discretion.
- We are lifting all limitations on size, cleaning requirements, or masks that may have been held over from previous statements.
The continuity of ministry committee will continue to prayerfully monitor the situation and keep you informed of any changes. Thank you for your continued flexibility as we navigate these challenging waters, guided by our baptismal connections to God and each other!
— The Continuity of Ministry Committee, on behalf of the Congregation Council