Our Saviour celebrates Holy Communion three times each weekend, at both contemporary and traditional services. All baptized Christians are invited to share in the Lord’s Supper, and those who have not been baptized are encouraged to come forward with their arms crossed and receive a blessing.
To inquire about being baptized or married at Our Saviour, please contact a pastor directly.
Contemporary: Saturday Evening – 5:30 pm
For ten years, our Saturday service has offered the ancient faith in a modern and informal style.
Music at this service is led by our house band, Voices of Praise. Their style blends contemporary, bluegrass, folk and classical. The roster has changed a little over the years, but the sense of teamwork and the zeal for God’s work has never flagged. The members of Voices of Praise do not think of themselves as performers, but as worship leaders, inviting all the People of God to join in song together.
On the first Saturday of each month, we usually host a potluck supper after worship.
Traditional: Sunday Morning – 8:00 and 10:30 am
Our Sunday morning services are vintage Lutheranism: liturgical but not stuffy, with a constant focus on God’s love, communicated through the the Word and Sacraments. If you like classic hymns, a booming organ, the voices of a choir raised in song — and a few moments of silence for prayer and meditation — this is the service for you.
Lent, Holy Week and Easter
Each Wednesday in Lent, we gather to sing Vespers, or Evening Prayer, at 7pm. We use Marty Haugen’s contemporary setting, developed at the Holden Village retreat center. A light supper of soup and bread precedes the service, beginning at 6pm.
Our 2018 Holy Week schedule includes:
- Maundy Thursday (29 March, 7pm)
- A celebration of the Last Supper & Communion Class Blessing
- Good Friday (30 March, Noon and 7pm)
- Spoken prayer at noon, and the Service of Darkness in the evening.
- The Great Vigil (31 March, 5:30pm)
- A journey through the history of salvation
- Easter Sunrise Matins (1 April, 6:30am)
- In our outdoor worship area
- Easter Brunch (1 April, 9:15 am)
- Including a Children’s Party with Egg Hunt & Craft
- Easter Communion (1 April, 8 & 10:30am)
- Sing out, earth and skies!