Some of the Ways Your Financial Gifts Empower God’s Ministry through Our Saviour Lutheran Church
When you make a financial gift, you support a wealth of ministries within the church, in our community, and across the globe.
- ECHO Senior Adult Ministry by and for senior adults
- Annual trip to Hurley, VA supporting the mission of the Hurley Community Development Center through labor and love
- Christian education classes from pre-k through adult
- Youth ministry, walking in faith with friends here and across the state
- Vacation Bible School freely open to the community bringing joy to children attending and the youth and adult volunteers
- Helping those in need in the community with our food pantry and financial support to People-Helping-People
- Worship, Music, Caring, and so much more
Online Giving Using a Debit/Credit Card
OSLC receives giving digitally – through bank draft or debit/credit card payment – via our provider, Vanco. With the form below, you can make a one-time gift or you can create a recurring gift. Before you submit your gift, you can make it go further by opting-in to help cover transaction expenses.
If you have any trouble using the form on your mobile device, you can access the payment form on the Vanco site directly HERE.
Mail a Check
You can share your offering gift by placing a check in the mail or dropping it by the office. Send your check to::
Our Saviour Lutheran Church
6194 Dumfries Road
Warrenton, VA 20187
Online Giving through SimplyGiving
If you would like to set up recurring automatic drafts from your checking or savings account OSLC uses the Thrivent recommended SimplyGiving service through Vanco. The auto-draft can occur bi-weekly or monthly. There is no cost to you for this service.
Download and fill out the SimplyGiving form and return it to the church office.
Online Bill Pay through your Bank
Most online banks offer a free service called “Online Bill Pay.” You can arrange for your bank to send a check to OSLC through the mail on a one-time or recurring basis. You should receive an email from us whenever we deposit a bank check. Setting up a recurring payment can be a helpful tool in the joy and discipline of consistent giving.
Give Stocks Directly
Donating appreciated stocks can be beneficial to both the stockholder and the gift recipient. Talk to your financial professional to see if this option is appropriate for you and then contact our financial secretary for the information needed to process this gift to OSLC.
Giving through Retirement Account RMD (Required Minimum Distribution)
If you are 70 ½, you are eligible to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA, which can provide a tax benefit to you and, of course, also benefit God’s ministry at OSLC. Some simple rules:
1. You must be 70 ½.
2. It must be paid directly from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA.
3. It must be paid directly from IRA custodian to the charity.
4. It must be paid to a qualifying charity – OSLC qualifies.
If making a Qualified Charitable Distribution sounds like an interesting option to you, please talk to your tax advisor first, to see if a QCD is appropriate for your unique situation.