Our Saviour is not a big church, but it makes a big impact on the community. Called by Christ to care for our neighbors, our mission is to reach out in faith and love to help.
Our Social Ministry Committee organizes monthly activities, often in support of community organizations like Habitat for Humanity, SAFE, Inc., and Head Start.
In addition, we have a group of ongoing ministries:
Food collection for OSLC’s on-site food pantry
- Bring food and place on the cart in fellowship area.
- This food is given to those in need, with no questions asked. (But please call ahead if you need some!)
People Helping People
- This organization helps those citizens of Fauquier County who are in immediate need of assistance to pay utility bills, rent and medication.
- It operates solely on funds donated by private citizens and local churches.
- The staff is all volunteer. Our Saviour members help staff the office. Open M-F, 9am-12noon.
- The Fauquier County Food Coalition distributes donated food and food from the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank on the third Saturday every month to the needy in the community.
- All staff of the coalition are volunteers.
- Food is received at the United Methodist Church on Church Street the Thursday prior to the Saturday distribution.
- Food is packed on Friday nights and distributed on Saturday morning. Helping hands to unload and pack are always welcome.
Lutheran World Relief quilt ministry
- Work from home and/or socialize as we work as a group at our meetings on the second Saturday of each month from January-September.
- Quilts are sent to LWR where they are shipped to countries around the world to provide comfort to those in need.
- The Free Clinic of the Fauquier County Health Department offers medical and dental services every Tuesday and Thursday to the needy and uninsured in the county.
- Our Saviour provides food every other month (2nd Thursday) to volunteer doctors and nurses, usually about 20 people. Normally, casseroles, salads, sandwiches, and soups (in the winter) are provided.