We have an active Sunday School program at OSLC that start from age 2 up through adult. Children in the 5th grade and under begin each Sunday at 9:00 in the main sanctuary with an opening prayer and then go to their classes. Young adults and adults meet in other rooms of the church.
- The curriculum follows the Revised Common Lectionary and helps children understand the church year and its seasons.
- Each lesson is centered on Scripture and created by a group of developers from across our many denominational partners.
- We use lesson materials and videos for pre–kindergarteners through sixth graders—equally engaging younger and older kids.
- Each year our Sunday School participates in the Children’s Christmas program.
- Our weekly offerings are designated to support local community and in-house charities.
If you have questions, please contact the church office to be put in touch with a Sunday School teacher or the Pastor.
We need teaching assistance and teachers. No experience is required. If you are interested in assisting or teaching a Sunday school class, contact the church office to be connected to the Sunday School Ministry Leader, Yvonne Rodgers.
“Kids now know what the church seasons are—they hear the same scripture in church and already have a basic understanding. I think that’s huge! More than once, my son has said in church, ’Hey, we read this in Sunday school too!’”