Lost and Found is a gathering of several hundred 7th and 8th grade youth and their adult advisors for Large Group experiences with lots of singing and fun and Small Group experiences with lots of new friends, games, conversation, and faith sharing. There is also a big chunk of free time on Saturday when we have our “Open Mic / Talent Show” and time late in the evening to relax and talk with the other youth and adults from your congregation.
Lost and Found 2022 is open to all youth who are in 7th-8th grades and their adult advisors. Each youth must register as a member of a congregation, and for each five youth there must be one adult attending who will be responsible for those youth (1-5 youth – one adult; 6-10 youth – two adults; etc.). Your non-Lutheran friends are welcome to attend as your guests; they must also register as part of your congregation group.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
For online registration (www.vasynod.org, click on “Youth Ministry” and scroll down). Payment must be made at the time of registration.
For paper registration (using this form), full payment should be included or form of payment should be indicated under “Notes for Event Registrar.” MAIL CHECKS AND REGISTRATION FORMS TO: Lost and Found Registrar, PO Box 70, Salem VA 24153. If you would prefer to pay online rather than by check, payment may be made at the “Youth Ministry” tab on the website. Checks should be made out to “Virginia Synod ELCA” with “Lost and Found” in the memo line. Checks for multiple participants must include a list of names and what portion of the check applies to each person.
Youth Participant Registration Fee: $160 per person (Early Registration Discount if registration is postmarked on or before Oct. 24 – $150 per person).
Adult Participant Registration Fee: SMALL GROUP LEADERS, CO-LEADERS, or ASSISTANT SMALL GROUP LEADERS should only pay $50. Adults who are NOT serving in small group leadership roles should pay the full registration fee and will participate in an adult small group. Adults serving as group leaders must agree to a background check and submit the required information form (see website).
- September 2022: Registration forms for Lost and Found 2022 available.
- October 24, 2022: The last day to postmark registration forms or register online and still receive the early registration discount.
- November 4, 2022: The last day to submit registration forms by mail or online without contacting the synod office first. Starting Monday, Nov. 7, please contact Dave Delaney at email@example.com or 540-389-1000 (office) or 540-529-6893 (cell) before submitting registration materials either by mail or online.
- Upon receipt of the registration form, a Confirmation Letter, a Map with directions to Eagle Eyrie, and List of “Things To Bring” will be sent to you via email. If you have not received this by Nov. 14th, please contact the synod office (540-389-1000) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 18, 2022: Lost and Found begins on Friday evening with check-in at Eagle Eyrie starting at 6:30pm. The first activity is the 8:30pm Large Group gathering. The Virginia Synod policy in case of bad weather is on their website: www.vasynod.org.
EXPECTATIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS AT LOST AND FOUND
- Registrants will participate fully in all activities of Lost and Found (including meals and Cabin Conversations with your congregation group at the end of each day).
- All participants will attend the FULL EVENT, from 8:30 pm Friday until noon on Sunday, and remain on the grounds of Eagle Eyrie throughout the event.
- No drugs (except prescribed or other required medications), alcohol, tobacco products, or weapons will be brought to the event.
- DO NOT BRING electronic media devices to the event. Youth participant cell phones must be left in rooms at all times and may only be used during Free Time, unless special permission has been obtained from the event director. Adults are asked to keep cell phones for emergencies.
- Cabin Conversation / Curfew / Lights Out will be conscientiously observed.
- Participants who are not able to follow these expectations may be asked to leave the event!
If you have questions about Lost and Found or the registration process, contact the Virginia Synod Office and speak to Dave Delaney (email@example.com). Phone: 540-389-1000. For answers to frequently asked questions, see information on the Virginia Synod website.
Get printable version of event information and registration form HERE.
Find out more about Eagle Eyrie Conference Center at www.eagleeyrie.org!