When natural disasters or political conflicts strike, families have little chance to gather belongings before fleeing the danger. They arrive in a refugee camp scared, vulnerable, and dirty from travel. The fresh scent of soap and softness of a towel are reminders of someone’s concern for them.
We will collect items for the kits during September. Please bring your items to the church by September 26 to be assembled into kits. To make up a full kit, please provide all of the listed items, and only those listed—no additions or substitutions, please.
If you wish, you can donate funds for shipping and completing the kits. It costs about $2.65 per kit to add toothpaste to each kit and to ship it overseas.
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN EACH PERSONAL CARE KIT:
- ONE light-or medium-weight bath-size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color recommended
- TWO or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz. total, any brand, in original wrapping
- ONE adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging*
- ONE sturdy comb, remove packaging
- ONE metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
* Toothbrush multi-packs may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business-size envelope, no plastic bags or wrap.