THE NEED IS URGENT!
The Fauquier County Food Distribution Coalition has been giving away food since 2003 but can no longer continue without new volunteers and a new Board of Directors.
The Food Distribution is a 501(c)3 non-profit. It has been one of OSLC’s community ministries since its inception.
Help is needed once a month at Warrenton United Methodist Church:
- Week before Sat. distribution: Order food from Blue Ridge Area Food Bank and submit monthly reports.
- Thursday, 10am-noon (before the third Saturday): Strong backs to unload food truck, separate food items and bag produce.
- Friday, 4pm (before the third Saturday): To box up food and set up for Saturday.
- On the third Saturday 8:15am: Set up computers to input new clients and check off those who have come before. Need three data entry persons.
- Also, on third Sat: Need 10 people to load boxes of food onto carts and take out to client’s cars.
- Clean up and prepare the hall for church the next day.
- Data entry person(s) to collect input from the day and prepare a report to Blue Ridge Area Food Bank in a timely manner.
- Board of Directors consists of: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Gift Card Chair; board meets monthly.
If you would like to hear more about the opportunities to serve, please contact Dave Raecke through your church directory or by getting his information from the church office.